Best Home Spinning Bikes
With more people staying at home and opting for home workouts, the idea of having a personalized home gym is being impressed by the majority. And, especially for those people who love cycling, then an exercise bike becomes a must-have in their home gym.
One of the best exercise bikes that you can use for indoor cycling is the spinning bike. A spinning bike is an upright stationary bike, characterized by a large-weight flywheel and a resistance that can be adjusted to different exertion challenge levels.
Adding a stationary bike to your home gym is an ideal way to best meet your fitness goals. Read along to find out what benefits you can get from your spinning bike as well as how to get the most out of it.
The Benefits of Indoor Spinning
Indoor cycling using a spinning bike offers many benefits to the users; from weight loss to cardiovascular benefits. For instance, indoor spinning helps to improve a person’s muscle endurance. This happens when the cycler pedals against resistance, increasing the effort exerted by different leg parts, such as the quadriceps and calf muscles. In addition to increasing muscle endurance, indoor spinning also strengthens the muscle tendons and ligaments.
Indoor spinning is also very time-saving. The spinning bike is always available at your home, so you don’t have to waste time driving to the gym. You can use those extra 30 minutes that you would’ve spent driving on the road to the gym, to have more workout on your spinner bike.
Indoor spinning is highly recommended for those people sustaining orthopedic injuries. Being an activity of low impact, it minimizes the impact caused on the hips, ankle joints and the knees. This home exercising activity can, therefore, be safely used by people recovering from such injuries.
When indoor spinning is combined with an indoor class, it can greatly help to reduce a person’s stress levels. These classes tend to provide a rush of adrenaline to those involved, which in turn releases neurotransmitters which induce happy moods. Happy moods not only lower one’s stress levels, but also boost their immune response.
The undeniable truth is that indoor spinning is more convenient and beneficial than outdoor cycling. However, for indoor spinning to provide the above discussed benefits to the full, the spinning bike used should be very efficient. In other words, you have to know just which spinning bike to go for.
Best Home Spinning Bikes
Sunny Health Fitness Magnetic Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
The Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Belt Drive Indoor spinning bike is designed with a 4-way handlebar and seat, all which can be easily adjusted to fit different heights of the riders. Furthermore, the bike is designed with a heavy-duty w/44 lb flywheel, which ensures a smooth, almost quiet and stable peddling experience. This bike can support a maximum weight of 300 lbs.
- The adjustable seat and handlebar of this spinning bike provide the very best fit and form.
- It is designed with a tablet holder, where the rider can conveniently place their tablet or smartphone.
- Portability of the Sunny Health and Fitness is made easy by the transportation wheels included in its structure.
- The bike includes emergency stop brakes, which make it possible to stop the bike safely when the wheel is spinning very fast.
- It includes a built-in water bottle holder, where a water bottle can be conveniently placed for regular hydration by the rider.
- The magnetic resistance of the Sunny Health and Fitness spinning bike allows for different intensity levels that can be attained. Adjusting of this magnetic resistance is also very easy.
- It is a highly durable and long lasting bike, following the fact that its frame is built using heavy-duty steel.
- At higher cadences, the bike produces a vibration feel, especially at the front wheel. This vibration can also be felt on the handlebars and can be quite distracting to some riders.
- The working of the bike produces some little noise, which may not be convenient for some users.
This spinning bike is ideal for use by all types of riders, whether beginners or advanced. The system of the bike is incorporated with several apps and workout videos, which ensure that the user gets the most out of their spinning bike. It is simply the bike to use to get the most out of your fitness routine.
- HEAVY-DUTY FLYWHEEL: Intensify cardio w/ 44 lb Flywheel. Strengthen your legs with a higher weighted wheel and enjoy an incredibly smooth, nearly silent, and stable ride.
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE: 4-way adjustable seat & handlebars for proper form and a perfect fit. Steel toe-cage pedals designed w/ adjustable straps. Inseam: Min: 28" / Max: 38".
- DEVICE HOLDER: Improve your fitness experience by securely placing your phone or tablet in the tablet holder.
- SAFETY & CONVENIENCE: Transportation wheels for easy portability. Emergency stop brake for safety in case wheel is spinning to fast. Water bottle holder makes hydration close at hand.
- MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: Virtually no maintenance, micro-adjustable resistance creates an unbelievably smooth ride that creates multiple levels of riding for enthusiasts of all levels. Belt drive mechanism.
MaxKare Magnetic Indoor Cycling Bike
The MaxKare Magnetic spinning bike is one of the few bikes in the market with a magnetic resistance that is super quiet. It is built with a 5-magnet control system, which makes it possible for a rider to customize their workout levels, such that they can either have an easy workout or a more intensive workout. This magnetic resistance also ensures that the curling activity is always quiet and smooth, such that the workout does not cause any distractions to other people.
- Includes a clear LCD monitor which displays essential workout data, such as, calories burned, pulse rate, as well as speed and distance covered.
- The bike has a built-in tablet/phone holder where the cycler can conveniently place them when working out.
- Different tension levels can be achieved with this bike, which makes burning of calories even more effective.
- The handlebar can be easily adjusted to provide a perfect fit for every height.
- The bike can be moved easily from one place to another, as it is designed with wheels which make them very portable.
- The included seat is usually padded with air, making it more comfortable for a relaxing riding experience.
- The stock pedals do not include clipless pedals in the package.
- The LCD heart rate monitor takes quite a while before it can provide accurate readings.
- The tablet/phone holder lacks a rubber padding to keep the gadgets from sliding off.
The good thing about the MaxKare Magnetic spinning bike is that the rider is not required to maintain the magnetic tension system, as it is designed to provide a long-life service with no maintenance. This bike has a maximum weight capacity of 264 lbs.
NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
This spinning bike comes with an interactive personal training system. This system is usually powered by i-Fit, and incorporates a 1-year free membership. The training system ensures that the rider meets their set fitness goals without fail. The package also includes different types of warranty: a 2-year warranty for the bike’s different parts, a 10-year warranty for its frame and a 1-year warranty for labor.
- The spinning bike is designed with a large touchscreen display of 22 inches. This screen displays i-Fit workouts, and also provides a clear tracking of workout progress. This screen can also be easily rotated to 360 degrees.
- It is designed with 24 different resistance levels which allow for easy and most challenging types of workouts.
- A rider can easily track the power output using the incorporated Watts readout.
- The magnetic resistance of the bike works very quietly and ensures a smooth peddling session.
- The handlebars of the NordicTrack Commercial spinning bike tend to wobble badly at high resistance. Wobbling of the handlebars also causes wobbling of the screen, such that reading of the statistics becomes quite challenging.
- The working of the fan can be quite loud at times.
This stationary bike can guarantee a rider to meet their fitness goals, especially due to the free i-Fit membership provided. Note that, to prevent the electronics of the NordicTrack Commercial spinning bike from premature wear, the user must completely switch off the bike after use, as well as pull out the bike’s power cord. This spinning bike can support a maximum weight of 350 lbs.
- 30-Day iFIT Family Membership Included; on-demand workouts on your equipment, choose Global Workouts & Studio Classes; Add up to 5 users; Elite trainers adjust your equipment ($39 value)
- 22 inches Interactive HD Touchscreen Display streams & on-demand iFIT workouts directly to your equipment, provides easy stats tracking; Adjustable display allows for 360-degree screen rotation
- Automatic Trainer Control; -10 to 20 percent LIVE Incline Matching technology; 24 digital resistance levels for complete workout control; iFIT Trainers auto-adjust your resistance and incline
- SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance delivers a smooth, quiet workout with every use; Adjustable leveling feet stabilize your bike; (2) 3 Lb. dumbbells for cross-training on your bike
- 350-pound user weight capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 59” H x 22” W x 60” L
VIGBODY Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike
The sturdy construction of the Exercise indoor spinning bike gives it its high stability and durability. This bike is built with a square tube, which consists of a flywheel with a heavyweight of 24.2 lbs. This flywheel is also bidirectional, that is, it can move in two opposite directions.
- Both the 2-way handlebar and 4-way seat can be adjusted to provide the perfect fit and form, comfortable for all users.
- The seat of the bike is padded, which adds to the comfortability of the bike.
- The Exercise indoor spinning bike is designed with a resistance system, which makes it possible for a rider to attain different levels of workout intensity.
- The braking system of the bike is structured with a knob that allows for quick and safe stopping of the bike.
- The bike is built with a stable base, which can be easily adjusted to fit different ground environments.
- The structure of the bike is coated with powder, which gives it an high resistance against corrosion and wear, making it highly durable.
- After the bike has been used for a while, the crank connecting the pedals starts to rub on the inside cover, with the result being the production of a loud noise. However, when this happens you can call on customer service to correct this.
The Exercise indoor spinning bike is indeed a well-priced, high quality bike. It offers a smooth and comfortable indoor cycling experience that will always meet your fitness goals. The Exercise indoor spinning bike can hold up to a maximum weight of 330 lbs.
- ✔【Sturdy Construction】Our exercise bike equipped with a thickened heavy-duty steel frame with a heavy duty bidirectional flywheel 35 lbs and holds up to 330LBS, more stable and durable.
- ✔【Adjustable Seat and handlebar】2-ways adjustable non-slip handlebar and 4-ways adjustable padded seat accommodates most body types for optimum comfort and safe. Transportation wheels help you to move the cycle bike easily.
- ✔【Brake and Resistance】Simply turn the knob to increase or decrease to adjust to the different levels that best suit you. Stop quickly by pressing the same knob, very safe to use.
- ✔【Stable Structure】This stationary bike owns stable and adjustable base to adapt to different ground environment. With a durable powder coated for durable rust resistant, corrosion resistant and wear resistant. When the cycling bike is not steady on the floor, you can easily adjust the 4 x Foot, providing superior stability while you are working out.
- ✔ 【100% Guarantee】12 months of parts replacement warranty. Longer warranty, better service, giving you 100% satisfication for this indoor bike. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Get VIGBODY Home Stationary Bike, Start More Active And Healthy Lifestyle.
Concept2 BikeErg Training Bike
The Concept2 BikeErg spinning bike offers a rider with the option of subscribing for an affordable home training program. This bike can be used effectively at home, or even commercially. It offers a variety of workout levels, and can therefore be used for different workouts, such as warming up, low-intensity workouts, as well as high intensity workouts.
- The intensity of the workout can be easily regulated by adjusting the damper and the cadence of the bike.
- The handlebars can be adjusted to 3 different riding positions to provide more comfort and efficiency of the spinning bike.
- The assembling process of the Concept2 BikeErg spinning bike is quite easy, taking up to 30-45 minutes to complete.
- The bike is designed with a ratcheting system which makes it possible to adjust the seat easily and quickly to the desired heights.
- The frame of this bike is built using heavy-duty aluminium, which makes the entire structure highly durable.
- It is fitted with caster wheels, which make it easier to transport and move around the spinning bike.
- The bike is also designed with a backlit LCD display, which displays reliable workout data, making it possible for the rider to track their progress.
- Most of these bikes’ seats lack paddings, which makes them quite hard and uncomfortable.
The Concept2 BikeErg spinning bike is a very ideal stationary bike for all types of workout activities. It can, therefore, be comfortably used by athletes of all ability levels. Whether intended for commercial or home use, the Concept2 BikeErg spinning bike will always provide its users the maximum health and fitness benefits.
- Your purchase includes One Concept2 BikeErg Stationary Exercise Bike - 2900 model, One PM5 Performance Monitor, 2 Alkaline 1.5V size D Batteries, Tools and Assembly Manual
- Exercise Bike dimensions: 48” L x 21” W | Product Weight: 68 lbs. | Weight capacity: 300 lb. | Recommended Space for Use – 48” x 24” | Seat heights: Min – 30.75” Max – 41”
- Easily adjustable seat height and handlebar positions provide a customized fit
- Aluminum 68 lb frame is engineered to be durable for your most powerful sprints, yet easy to move around on its built-in caster wheels; easy to assemble
- Clutched flywheel keeps spinning when the pedals stop for easy intervals and rest periods; you can "coast" just as on a real bike; air resistance provides a smooth ride
10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Spinning Bike
Whether you are new to cycling, or are a cycling pro, you may fail to get the most out of your spinning bike if you don’t use it to the fullest of its potential. The following are 10 tips that you can follow to ensure that you get the most out of your stationary bike;
1.) Choose an Ideal Stationary Bike
There are different types of spinning bikes sold in the market today, with each offering different features. This means that; it is not all spinning bikes that can offer a person the most benefit. If you are to get the most out of your bike, then you have to choose the best and most ideal type of spinning bike.
In order to choose an ideal stationary bike, you can consider consulting an expert cyclist. A cyclist pro will know which bikes offer the most ideal features, and therefore, the spinning bike that can provide the most benefits. Alternatively, you can look up for the best reviewed spinning bikes online, such as those discussed in this article.
2.) Adjust the Seat Height
The seat height of a stationary bike is very important, as it determines essential aspects such as how high a person rides on the bike, as well as the inclination of the leg’s downstroke. The most ideal seat height is that where the knees are almost straight, with a slight bend angle range of 5 degrees to 10 degrees. This position applies when the cycler is at the bottom of the downstroke.
It is quite easy to tell if the seat is too high or too low. When it is too high, you hips will tend to sway side-to-side when peddling, or you will be forced to overextend your knees. On the other hand, when the seat is too low, your knees will be bent more than 10 degrees. These are signs that you should adjust your seat height to optimal.
3.) Adjust the Saddle Angle
The saddle angle of a bike is just as important as the seat height. When tilted too high, it can cause a lot of pressure on a person’s glutes and legs. On the other hand, when the saddle angle is tilted too low, it can cause the rider to slide forward during peddling, such that the knees and arms are strained too much to the point of causing injuries. Therefore, the saddle angle should always be kept at relatively neutral, only tilting slightly towards the bike’s front or rear.
4.) Saddle Fore and Aft Positioning
The fore and aft positioning of a saddle refers to the forward or backward distance (respectively), that the saddle rests. The most recommended fore and aft positioning is that which places the forward knee directly over the pedal’s axle. This position is applicable when the rider is at the bottom of the downstroke. This saddle fore and aft positioning is most ideal as it provides the maximum possible power, and also prevents the occurrence of injuries.
5.) Adjust the Handlebars
If you intend to get the most out of your stationary bike, then ensure that the handlebar position of your bike makes it possible for you to use all available positions. This a rider should be able to do without excessively straining their neck or back.
In order to adjust your handlebars to an ideal position, start by positioning them evenly with the saddle. After doing so, you can try adjusting the handlebars upwards or downwards, and settle on the position that feels most comfortable.
If your normally share your stationary bike, then ensure to take notes and photos once you’ve finished adjusting the handlebars to the ideal position. Doing so will help you to quickly re-adjust them to the proper position, after another rider uses it.
6.) Keep Your Bike in a Convenient Place
To ensure the safety and efficiency of your stationary bike, you have to place it in the right place. The best place to keep the bike is the basement, or alternatively on the first floor of the apartment.
Basements makes good storage places for stationary bikes, since they tend to stay cooler during the summer season and warmer during the winter season. They, therefore, provide healthy environments ideal for a workout throughout the year. The same case applies for first floors.
On the contrary, second and higher floors tend to be poorly insulated, as well as too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. Therefore, these floors don’t make the most ideal workout environments.
7.) Exercise Before and After the Workouts
Before you start your workout on the spinning bike, take time to do some knee, neck and back stretches. You could also try out other workouts, such as walking on a treadmill, making gentle spins of low intensity, as well as taking intensive strolls around your block.
After you have had your intensive workout on the bike, you will also want to ‘warm down.’ This you can do by staying on the bike for 5 more minutes, while maintaining a low or moderate intensity. Such ‘warming down’ is important as it helps your muscles to rest gently, preventing any sudden muscle shock caused by immediate ceasing of activity.
8.) Create a Personalized Exercise Program
Without fitness goals, your workout can as well be without purpose. And, even though you might still gain some benefits from your spinning bike workouts, lacking a specific goal will mean that you can’t track your progress over time. Therefore, your spinning bike won’t be able to offer you the maximum benefit to its full potential.
This is why it is very important that a rider takes time to make a personalized exercise program. Creating a personalized exercise program can help a person choose the most effective cycling workouts and track their progress, hence gaining the most out of their stationary bikes.
9.) Make Use of Bike Shoes and Clipless Pedals
If you wish to get the best performance on your stationary bike, then you have to consider investing in clipless pedals, as well as in bike shoes. Clipless pedals make it possible to ‘clip’ onto the spinning bike.
On the other hand, bike shoes are designed with special metal properties that work to lock them firmly onto the bike. These bike shoes also allow the cycler to transmit the maximum possible power, as well as prevent the feet from tiring out when performing lengthy workouts. Both the bike shoes and clipless pedals, therefore, ensure that the rider gets the most benefit and performance out of their stationary bike.
10.) Keep Your Workout Motivated
An indoor stationary bike provides a person with so many distraction options to keep their riding motivated. For instance, you can read a magazine, or watch your favorite TV shows and movies, or even play a game on your tablet or phone, all while working out on the bike. For those stationary bikes that can be connected to Zwift, the rider can even compete with other riders on the tracks of their own choosing. All these activities ensure a motivated workout, which guarantee that the user gets the most out of their stationary bike.
Spinning bikes are simply the most ideal type of stationary bikes to use for your indoor cycling. These bikes can be used by all people, whether new in the field or experienced, and are guaranteed to give you the most out of your workout. Get yourself one of the best reviewed spinning bikes discussed above, and pedal your way to an improved health and more cardiovascular benefits!